How do you proceed to impregnate your natural stone? Follow these steps:
- Thoroughly clean your natural stone with an acid-free cleaner (such as Akemi Stone Cleaner). Remove all dirt, dust, grease and soap residue.
- Let your natural stone dry completely.
- Choose a suitable impregnating agent for your type of natural stone. Clear (hydrofobe or oleofobe) and color deepening agents are available. First test the product on an inconspicuous place or on a scrap piece.
- Apply the impregnating agent generously with an impregnating pad, brush, cloth or flat mop. Work in one direction and in small pieces.
- Let the impregnating agent soak in according to the instructions on the packaging (10 to 30 minutes).
- Porous surfaces will require several coats during this exposure time.
- Remove the excess impregnating agent with a dry, lint-free cloth. Ensure an even result without streaks.
More information? Click here
Do you have any questions about impregnating your natural stone? Please contact us. We will advise you without obligation on the best products and methods for your situation.